Sunday, April 17, 2011

Good mood

Today I am in a ridiculously good mood. Despite stepping outside my house, walking up the street and being completely drenched by a bus driving past. Seems I am in an untouchable state of strange bliss today.

So I just wanted to share some images with you that inspire me / make me happy.

 an incredible house melting into the ground

 This

 Jill Orr. Live Artist. She makes very visually striking work. Beautiful.

 Romeo Castelluci. I have a thing for burning pianos


 This is one of my favourite images of all time.


 I have a collection of images of houses under/in water. When they were doing the snowy mountains hydro scheme they had to move the town of Jindabyne up the hill so they could make a dam. They left some of the houses there and flooded the area. When the water is low you can still see some old stone steps near the island in the middle of lake Jindabyne. I find the thought of a submerged town eerie and incredibly beautiful.
 hehe

Graffiti for a special someone and everyone simultaneously 


 Mr. Alister

mmmmmmm


 Beautiful composition. Very pleasing


 Alison Mosshart is a babe


Bill Henson. He is incredible. I think subconsciously he is what inspires me to work with so much darkness in shows. Be specific with colour and focus. 


Early morning starts with my cat. This is her mid yawn.


Abandoned buildings. Grandeur slowly turning to dust.  


Miss Tess Mallett. Remember this. 
"Tattoos on your body like a road map of everywhere you'd been" Ani Difranco.

No comments:

Post a Comment